If you purchase our Gold estate plan with a trust you will also get the following items in addition to the 12 items listed in my last [Protect Your Loved Ones] email message to you:
13. A Revocable Living Trust that provides that the assets in your trust pass automatically on your death (or on the death of both spouses if you are married) to an irrevocable beneficiary controlled asset protection trust created for each of your heirs and their descendants. Your heirs inherited assets in their trusts will be protected for life from their creditors, ex-spouses and bankruptcy courts. Each heir's trust is also a “dynasty trust” that will creates a trust for your heirs children on the heir's death. See “A Smart Option for Transferring Wealth Through Generations: The Dynasty Trust.”
14. A Certification of Trust that you give to any third party that asks for a copy of your trust. Instead of giving the bank, title insurance company, lender or other party a copy of your trust agreement give them the Certification of Trust and they will be happy.
15. An Asset List pdf file for you to complete. The purpose of this very important document is to notify the trustee(s) of your trust of the nature and location of all of your valuable assets. Ask yourself this question: “If I were to die or if me and my wife were to die suddenly would my loved ones know what I own or what we own and where to find my/our assets?” If your loved ones do not know about the existence or location of your valuable assets they may never find and take possession of the unknown or lost assets.
16. Funding Your Trust from A to Z is a detailed explanation on how to transfer different types of assets to your trust. You want your trust to own your assets so the family does not have to spend time and money doing a probate. After you sign your trust your job in the next few months will be to transfer all of our assets to your trust. You don’t need a lawyer to transfer most types of assets except real estate. You should always hire a real estate lawyer in the state where the real estate is located to prepare a deed that transfer title to the land to the trust.
17. An Assignment of Personal Property assigns / transfers to your trust all of your personal property such as jewelry, art, equipment, furniture, clothing, guns and musical instruments. It does not assign personal property that has a title such as a motor vehicle or a boat.
18. Post Mortem Wishes is an optional 12 page document that you can use to plan your funeral or memorial service and tell your family what you want to happen if you were to die. You can tell your family that you want or do not want to be cremated, that you have a burial plot, you want or do not want a memorial service or a funeral, who you want to be your pall bearers, music and/or scriptures you want in your funeral service and any thing else you want your family to know.
19. A five year membership in DocuBank. We give your Healthcare Power of Attorney, HIPAA Authorization and Living Will to DocuBank. DocuBank gives you a card to carry in your purse or wallet that tells doctors and hospitals that they can get these three important documents 24/7 by faxing a request to DocuBank. Your Healthcare Power of Attorney is worthless if it is in the closet in your home and you are in the hospital in another state.
It typically takes two weeks from start to finish to meet with you, prepare your documents and have a signing meeting.